Saturday, January 9, 2021

The Animation Tag!

 


Hey everyone!  I'm doing a tag for this blog for the very first time, which is called the "Animation Tag!"  This tag was created by Dbmoviesblog and I wanted to do this tag because I'm a huge fan of animation and I wanted to talk about some of my favorite animations over the years!  So, let's get started!

  1. Favourite Disney animation?

The Lion King (1994)



2. Favourite non-Disney animation?

The Snowman (1982).  Seriously, one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking animations I have ever seen!



3. Criminally-underseen animation you recommend to everyone?

I have two animations that come to mind:
The first one is "The Nutcracker Prince."  It was an animated film that came out in 1990 and it is about the Nutcracker Prince fighting off the Mouse King.  It also had a young Kiefer Sutherland (you know, Jack Bauer from "24") voicing the Nutcracker Prince himself!  It's a fantastic movie that's heavily underrated.


Another one is Rabbit Ears' "The Fool and the Flying Ship."  While not a lengthy movie per se, it's still worth checking out, especially if you love Russian folktales and watching weird animation!



4. Visually great animation, but narratively disappointing?

I thought that Disney's Chicken Little had stunning animation, but the story wasn't really that good.



5. Narratively great animation, but visually disappointing?

The Brave Little Toaster.  The story about the appliances trying to find their master was really good, but the animation was a bit lacking and I kind of wished that they used the same animation from the Disney films that came out around the 1980s.



6. Favourite piece of music from animation?

Anything done by the late James Horner.  But his music in "We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story" really stood out to me as being one of the most beautiful pieces of music he has ever composed!



7. First memorable animations from your childhood?

Probably one of the earliest animations I've seen from my childhood was "Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics." It was an old anime series that came out during the 1980s and it was my first introduction to anime!


8. Animation that always makes you laugh?

The Fool and the Flying Ship of course and as for TV shows, the Angry Beavers still continue to make me laugh to this day!





9. Already released animation you would like to see?

I would love to see Spider-Man: Into the Spider Verse since I've been hearing nothing but good things about that movie and I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, so that's definitely a plus for me!  Another film I wanted to see was Moana.  I love it when Disney explores different cultures and this seems like a movie that I would enjoy!





10. New animation release you are anticipating?

Raya and the Last Dragon.  I love movies that explore other cultures and this movie is the one I'm most anticipating because it's about Dragons and I love watching movies that deal with dragons.



So, I tag...EVERYONE!!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Nutcracker Prince. It really is criminally underseen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I thought that I was the only one who remembered that movie!

      Delete
  2. Oh this is fun, I might have to do this too!

    ReplyDelete