Thursday, June 23, 2022

Thursday Movie Picks #66: Island Movies

Hey! Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks where you get to share your movie picks for each topic presented every Thursday!  Based on the theme presented each week, you can pick up to 3 to 5 movies and explain why you picked those movies! This meme is being hosted by Wandering through the Shelves!




This week's theme is: Island Movies!

Now, I have seen a lot of movies that take place on an island and I'm so excited for this week's theme!  So, here are some island movies that I've seen!




1. Moana





In Ancient Polynesia, when a terrible curse incurred by the Demigod Maui reaches Moana's island, she answers the Ocean's call to seek out the Demigod to set things right.

 

When this movie first came out, I wasn't able to watch it at the time since I was too busy with watching other movies that came out at the time.  But, when I finally watched this movie, I found myself falling in love with this movie!  Of course, Dwayne Johnson was fantastic as Maui and Moana was such an awesome and relatable heroine!






A pragmatic paleontologist touring an almost complete theme park on an island in Central America is tasked with protecting a couple of kids after a power failure causes the park's cloned dinosaurs to run loose.


Believe it or not, this movie does take place on an island!  I remembered when this movie first came out and how excited I was about this movie!  This has remained to be my favorite movie in the Jurassic Park movie franchise and it's one that I'm always happy to rewatch!



3. Cast Away






A FedEx executive undergoes a physical and emotional transformation after crash landing on a deserted island.

I remembered when this movie first came out and how popular it was.  I thought that Tom Hanks did a fantastic job at acting in this movie and I really felt bad for the main character being stranded on the island and how his life had changed because of that.





😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀




😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

3 comments:

  1. I am late here..sorry about that . I have not seen Moana but I did enjoy Jurassic Park and think that is the best one. I also liked Cast Away especially the ending because which direction will he take I always think the angel wings guided him to her

    ReplyDelete