Thursday, July 25, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #9: TMP Television Edition: Crime


Hey! Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks where you get to share your movie picks for each topic presented every Thursday!  Based on the theme presented each week, you can pick up to 3 to 5 movies and explain why you picked those movies! This meme is being hosted by Wandering through the Shelves!





This week's theme is: TMP Television Edition: Crime!


I just love watching crime shows and there are so many crime shows that I've seen over the years that I probably won't list them all!  So, here are some crime shows that I had watched over the years.







Series inspired by the stories of GK Chesterton; a Catholic priest has a knack for solving mysteries in his English village.


I just love watching this series!  I never would have thought that we would have a crime series where a priest is solving crimes, while saving people's souls at the same time and this show manages to showcase that balance brilliantly!








An elite team of police forensic evidence investigation experts work their cases in Las Vegas.

This was one of the first crime shows that I had seen and it's one that I always have fond memories of. I haven't seen the most recent episodes, but I did enjoyed the older episodes a lot.








An idiosyncratic FBI agent investigates the murder of a young woman in the even more idiosyncratic town of Twin Peaks.


I only watched a little bit of this show, but from what I've seen, this seems like a really interesting series that was cancelled way too soon.  Oh well, at least it got a revival!

8 comments:

  1. You should definitely finish Twin Peaks! It drags in season 2 but it's all worth it, the Revival is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen any of your picks aside from a rogue CSI episode here and there, but I really need to watch Twin Peaks. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm really mad at myself that I didn't think of Twin Peaks. It's a brilliant show and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find British shows much more interesting than our own on the whole although I still have to watch Father Brown. We match with CSI which I liked when Grissom was on. It spawned so many other CSI shows that I got lost. I only saw a couple of wpisod3s of Twin Peaks which as weird but typical of the director, David Lynch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that I do find British mysteries more interesting than American ones!

      Delete