Friday, September 1, 2023

Surreal Monthly - August 2023

 



Hello everyone!  Welcome to "Surreal Monthly" where I go over everything that has happened on the blog for each month!  So, here's what's been happening in August!


*Hey everyone!  Man, it's been awhile, hasn't it?  I haven't really done any Surreal Monthlies for the last few years because I have been really busy with YouTube and Twitch and I didn't have any time to post on my blog.  Hopefully, I will be able to start doing Surreal Monthlies every month again and I actually did a lot on this blog for the past few months!  So, you guys might have noticed that I started up a new meme on my blog called "The Sunday Watch" and with that meme, you can talk about what movies and TV shows you watched during the week, while letting everyone know what has been going on with your lives.  The meme is hosted every Sunday, so if you would like to participate in this weekly meme, then jump on board!


Movies and TV Shows I Reviewed this month:



Activities on the Blog:


1. [The Sunday Watch]  The Sunday Watch (14): I'M BACK!






TV and Movie News that Happened this Month:



Updates on Reviews 2.0:





Movies and TV Shows I've Watched this Month:




* So, I have a bit of a story to tell with this movie.  I actually read the original "Nimona" graphic novel many years ago and when I heard that they were going to make a movie about this graphic novel, I was actually surprised by this, since I never thought that they would ever make a movie about this graphic novel.  But the movie has finally arrived and I watched it and I LOVED IT!  The animation and visual effects were fantastic and I especially loved the story and the characters!  They were absolutely the best part about this movie and this movie has officially become one of my favorite movies from 2023!




*  So years ago, I watched the first "Extraction" movie and I absolutely enjoyed that movie!  So, imagine my surprise when I found out that they were making a sequel to this movie and of course, I had to watch this movie as soon as possible!  Well, I watched it and I really enjoyed this movie!  Chris Hemsworth continues to wow me with his awesome performance and the action sequences were very well done!  I wouldn't be surprised if they made a third movie after this!




* So, I was surprised that this movie came out on Netflix and I decided to give this movie a try and I found this movie to be...okay.  Like, the action sequences were very well done, some of the humor made me laugh and Adam Devine and Pierce Brosnan were fantastic in their roles.  But, some of the humor was very cringy to me and it threw me off the movie a bit.



Around the Blogosphere for this month:

🤪 Keith and the Movies had posted up reviews on Talk to Me and Blue Beetle 

🤪 366 Weird Movies has reviewed MODUS OPERANDI (2009) 

🤪 Cinema of the Abstract had posted a review on Vertigo (1958) 

🤪 Fast Film Reviews had posted reviews on Blue Beetle and Gran Turismo 

🤪 Rambling Film had posted up reviews on Polite Society and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem


🤪 Movie Reviews 101 has posted up Top 5 Horror Films on a Shoestring Budget






😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀




😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀






2 comments: