Thursday, July 23, 2020

Thursday Movie Picks #36: Secret Doorways / Worlds


Hey! Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks where you get to share your movie picks for each topic presented every Thursday!  Based on the theme presented each week, you can pick up to 3 to 5 movies and explain why you picked those movies! This meme is being hosted by Wandering through the Shelves!



This week's theme is: Secret Doorways / Worlds !


Oh  man!  I am so excited for this week's topic since I'm a huge fan of movies where the characters travel to another world through secret doorways and worlds!  So, here are some films that I've seen that dealt with characters traveling to other worlds through secret doorways!







The Chronicles Of Narnia GIF | Narnia, Chronicles of narnia, Giphy

Four kids travel through a wardrobe to the land of Narnia and learn of their destiny to free it with the guidance of a mystical lion.

This was an obvious choice!  I remembered loving this movie when it first came out in theaters and I just loved the magical world of Narnia and how the kids were able to get there through a closet!  This movie is definitely worth the watch if you loved the book series!





GIF coraline cartoons comics - animated GIF on GIFER


An adventurous 11-year-old girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.

Oh my goodness!  I just LOVED this movie!  I loved the fact that this movie focuses on a young girl going to this world where her dreams come true, but then she realizes that this world is actually a lot SINISTER than she thought.  I just loved the overall design and mood of this movie and it was a surprisingly creepy movie for kids that I really enjoyed watching!






Studio Ghibli GIF by Spirited Away - Find & Share on GIPHY

During her family's move to the suburbs, a sullen 10-year-old girl wanders into a world ruled by gods, witches, and spirits, and where humans are changed into beasts.

I remembered being so TERRIFIED of this movie when I was little, especially with the "No Face" character.  I'm still a little terrified of this movie, but I can't help but fall in love with this movie at the same time with its beautiful animation and creative world!  Hopefully, I'll give this movie a rewatch down the line!






😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀





😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

8 comments:

  1. I'm 0 for 3 on yours though I have seen a version of the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe just not this one. The other two just never appealed to me. I'm not much for animation but with that said one of my choices this week is in that genre.

    Alice in Wonderland (1933)-Alice (Charlotte Henry) goes down the rabbit hole and tumbles into a crazy world where Cary Grant is the Mock Turtle, Gary Cooper the White Knight, W.C. Fields Humpty Dumpty, Edward Everett Horton the Mad Hatter and a raft of familiar but less famous performers other characters.

    Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2 (2011)-The final two films in the Potter series and perhaps the best find Harry, Hermione and Ron battling Voldemort to destroy the Horcruxes.

    Peter Pan (1953)-Animated Disney film where the magical boy Peter Pan and the faithful Tinkerbell whisk the Darling children off to the enchanted world of Neverland where they help him battle the wicked pirate Captain Hook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I remembered the Disney Peter Pan film! Haven't watched it in years though. I honestly haven't seen the Harry Potter movies yet, although I should try to make an effort to.

      Delete
  2. We have Narnia in common! The only one I haven't seen is Coraline. I too love movies where the characters travel to another world, wish we could do that right now during this endless pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We match on the first two picks! I love Spirited Away as well. Amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your picks! We match with the Narnia movie and I almost added Spirited Away as well, but I had already used for another theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have not seen any and Narnia is very popular this week. One day I just have to watch all three Narnia films. I heard of Coraline but didn't know the sinister background to it. I have heard of the last one but doubt I will see it.

    ReplyDelete