Thursday, February 4, 2021

Thursday Movie Picks #50: Fake Relationships

Hey! Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks where you get to share your movie picks for each topic presented every Thursday!  Based on the theme presented each week, you can pick up to 3 to 5 movies and explain why you picked those movies! This meme is being hosted by Wandering through the Shelves!




This week's theme is: Fake Relationships!


Now, I usually don't watch a lot of romantic movies, but I have watched many romance films that dealt with couples faking a relationship to impress their parents or to move up the ladder in their lives, only to realize that they actually care about the person they were faking the relationship with.  So, here are a couple of romance films where the couples fake their relationships that I have seen so far!







A pushy boss forces her young assistant to marry her in order to keep her visa status in the U.S. and avoid deportation to Canada.

This movie is one of my all-time favorite romantic comedies ever made!  Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock's chemistry with each other is fantastic and hilarious and of course, Betty White is one of the best highlights in the film!  I just loved the comedic moments and drama this film had and it's become a favorite movie in our family! 











A struggling artist working as a waitress kidnaps one of her customers to bring home and meet her parents at Christmas.

Another favorite movie in my family, Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez's chemistry with each other was hilarious to look at and I actually found the plot about the main character kidnapping one of her customers to make him her fiancΓ©e just to impress her family to be really hilarious! 







3. Borrowed Hearts




Kathleen's a hard-working single mother, who's saving to buy a house for herself and her daughter, Zoe.  Sam's a businessman who has to pretend he has a family in order to close a deal with the mysterious Javier Del Campo.  Sam owns the company that Kathleen works for, and as her boss, manages to convince her to help him out. But Del Campo is more than he seems, and it just might be Zoe who's making the real deal to get a new home for herself, her mother, and Sam.

I remembered watching this movie a bit when I was younger, but it's been a while since I last saw this movie, so I don't really remember much about this movie.  All I remembered was that my mom really enjoyed this movie and I did managed to see bits and pieces of this movie.  Definitely planning on re watching this movie soon!














πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€




πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

12 comments:

  1. The Proposal is so popular today! I haven't seen your other two picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picks! Wasn't a big fan of The Proposal, but it's nice to see it get a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the other two picks but they sound cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely check out Holiday in Handcuffs, especially if you are a Mario Lopez fan!

      Delete
  3. The Proposal is definitely the title of the week. I liked it well enough when I saw it in the theatre and Betty White was a definite highlight but I've never felt particularly drawn to watch it again.

    I saw Borrowed Hearts long ago but it just didn't do much for me.

    The other is one I haven't seen but it sounds like silly fun.

    I love all three of mine but my first is a personal favorite.

    Picture Perfect (1997)-Kate Mosley (Jennifer Aniston) toils in a junior position at a big New York advertising agency and despite her competence cannot seem to get ahead. Turns out her boss feels she is too much of a free spirit and tells her he needs to see her commitment to settling down before she moves up in the company. So when she goes to a wedding and has a picture taken with a stranger named Nick (Jay Mohr) she passes him off as her fiancΓ©e earning her a promotion. Since he lives in Boston all is well with the deception until he becomes famous by saving a child from a burning building and her boss wants to meet him. On the spot she finds Nick and convinces him to play along but complications ensue. Bright, breezy romcom with a terrific cast.

    Come Live with Me (1941)-Viennese immigrant Johnny Jones (a ravishing Hedy Lamarr) is in danger of being deported unless she gets married pronto. The problem is that her wealthy boyfriend, publisher Barton Kendrick (Ian Hunter) is already married and wife Diana (Verree Teasdale) isn’t about to give him a divorce! By chance she meets broke writer Bill Smith (James Stewart) and proposes a marriage of convenience. Instantly smitten Bill goes along but has ideas of his own. Though they seem polar opposites Hedy and Jimmy make a most compatible couple.

    Hired Wife (1940)-To avoid a hostile takeover of his cement company CEO Stephen Dexter (Brian Aherne) proposes an in name only marriage to his super-efficient secretary Kendal (Rosalind Russell) so he can transfer his assets to her name. She consents but when the danger is passed and Stephen wants a divorce so he can return to his gold-digging former girlfriend Phyllis (Virginia Bruce) Kendal, who carries a torch for him, pulls all sorts of tricks and ploys to maintain the ruse. Roz was one of the queens of this sort of screwy comedies in the 40’s and she’s a vivacious delight here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about Picture Perfect. I really need to watch that movie! Great list!

      Delete
  4. I've only seen The Proposal and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose The Proposal too which is the hot this week. I haven’t seen the other 2 films and am trying to figure out how little Melissa is able to kidnap Mario. I have seen pieces of the last film which I hope to watch one day on TV. I think Eric has a mullet??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen The Proposal, and yeah, you know my feelings on that, lol.

    ReplyDelete