Thursday, January 21, 2021

Top 10 Movies of 2020 (Non-Weird Edition)

 



Hey everyone!  Welcome to the "Top Lists" where I do a top 10 lists on any topics that I come across!


This week's theme is: Top 10 Movies of 2020 (Non-Weird Edition)!


Now, I will occasionally do lists that has nothing to do with weird movies or have some weird movies, but they don't make up the bulk of the list.  So, I wanted to tell you guys my top 10 movies of 2020!  Keep in mind though that this list is based on my personal opinions, so there might be some movies on this list that you guys might not agree with.  Also, I made a YouTube video about this list, so if you want to see this list in video form, then check out my video HERE!


10. Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey



This was a recent Christmas musical that was released on Netflix last year in December and I just had to watch it because it's a Christmas movie and I love Christmas movies and because the premise sounded so interesting!  I ended up enjoying this movie because all of the performances were very well done, especially Forest Whitaker as the famous toy maker Jeronicus and Keegan-Michael Key as the antagonist Gustafson!  This movie made the list because of the gorgeous special effects and because of the memorable songs!  This is definitely worth the watch if you are looking for a good Christmas musical to watch during the holidays!


9. The Babysitter: Killer Queen


Well, here it is!  The long awaited sequel to 2017's "The Babysitter," which I had reviewed on this site!  Anyway, I've been dying to see more adventures from Cole and the gang and I have to say that I really had fun with this sequel!  Sure, I will admit that the ending was a bit weak, but it's great seeing all of the characters from the first film make a return and seeing the gore and comedy ramped up in the sequel!


8. Enola Holmes



I have a confession to make:  I have never read a single "Sherlock Holmes" book.  So, I don't really know that much about the character, other than he's a famous detective.  However, when I found out that there was a movie about Sherlock Holmes having a little sister who also happens to be a detective, I just had to check this movie out for myself.  And lo and behold, I ended up really enjoying this movie!  Millie Bobby Brown did a fantastic job at portraying Enola Holmes and Henry Cavill did a great job at portraying Sherlock Holmes himself!  The only problem I had with this movie was the fact that Enola kept talking to the audience and it sort of distracted me a bit from parts of the film.  But overall, a very enjoyable and fun film if you are a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes!


7. Sonic the Hedgehog


I will admit that at first I was a bit hesitant about this movie, even after they changed Sonic's design to something much cuter and closer to his game counterpart (remember that horrible first design? Uggghh...)  But, after watching this movie, it became one of my favorite movies of 2020!  I just loved the unique take they had on Sonic's character as Sonic is much more emotional in this movie, which made him even more interesting!  Jim Carrey's performance as Dr. Robotnik was a pleasant surprise for me as he made Robotnik both threatening and hilarious at the same time!  Sure, the plot was a bit generic, but I still had a lot of fun with this movie and I can't wait for the sequel to come!  I hope the sequel is really good!


6. Bad Hair



Man, Hulu always has the best weird movies imaginable and "Bad Hair" was one of those weird horror movies that I really enjoyed!  So, it's basically about this young woman who decided to get some weave for her hair and it turns out that said weave is actually an evil entity that ends up eating anybody it comes across to.  Now, the premise might sound ridiculous, but I really enjoyed this movie for tackling the issues about how appearances affects a person's standing in the work place, as well as giving us some good scares regarding the demon hair!


5. Wonder Woman 1984


Now, you are probably wondering to yourself: why did you put this movie on the list?  Isn't this movie terrible?  Honestly, I don't think this movie is as terrible as many people think it is.  Sure, it's not as good as the first movie (a problem that most sequels have) and there are many problems with this movie like the slow pacing and some questionable decisions regarding the characters.  But, I genuinely thought that this movie did a great job with the character developments, especially with Diana and Steve's relationship with each other and I found this movie to be quite inspirational and fun to watch, even if the plot got confusing at times. Definitely worth the watch if you are a Wonder Woman fan!


4. Birds of Prey


Harley Quinn!  One of my all-time favorite DC villains!  So of course, when I heard that Harley Quinn was getting her own movie, I was both hesitant and excited at the same time.  Excited, because I love Harley Quinn and hesitant because of the fact it came out after "Suicide Squad," which was a pretty controversial movie.  But, after I finally saw this movie, I was completely blown away by how awesome Margot Robbie's performance of Harley Quinn was and I just loved the colorful and creative look of this film!  I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of Harley Quinn in future films!

3. Palm Springs



Oh my goodness!  This movie was the biggest surprise for me!  When I started watching this movie, I was expecting to watch a normal romantic comedy.  But then when the halfway point hit and the movie turned into a sci-fi adventure, I was totally blown away!  I always loved movies where it starts off like a normal movie, but then it does a complete 180 midway through the plot, taking you off by surprise!  Andy Samberg and Cristin Milioti's performances were the highlights of this film and I can't wait to watch this film again!


2. Project Power




Now, I love superhero films and even though there were some superhero films on this list that were pretty traditional (good guys fight the bad guys), "Project Power" was an interesting case where the lines between good and bad can be blurred and it does it so well!  The action sequences were very well done and Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt both did fantastic jobs in their roles!


1. The Trial of the Chicago 7



Wow!  This has to be the most amazing movie I've seen in 2020!  I will admit that I thought that I wasn't going to like this movie because of the fact that it's a courtroom drama and I rarely watch movies that deal with courtroom dramas.  But this movie blew me away with all the fantastic performances, especially from Sacha Baron Cohen and the fact that this movie is based off of real life events that I wasn't taught in school!  Such a fascinating and intense movie that you got to see to believe!


MOVIES I CONSIDERED TO BE WEIRD:

Palm Springs

Bad Hair


Well, that's my top 10 movies of 2020!

So what are your favorite movies of 2020?  Please feel free to comment down below!






4 comments:

  1. I've only seen your Top 5 and I enjoyed all of those movies. Glad we match with Trial of the Chicago 7 on our best lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen 2 movies on this list, and even then, I only actually liked one of them. Glad to see Sonic here though. I guess I've got some catching up to do on last year's movies. :P

    ReplyDelete