Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #3: TMP Television Edition: Secret Agents/Spies


Hey! Welcome to Thursday Movie Picks where you get to share your movie picks for each topic presented every Thursday!  Based on the theme presented each week, you can pick up to 3 to 5 movies and explain why you picked those movies! This meme is being hosted by Wandering through the Shelves!





This week's theme is: TMP Television Edition: Secret Agents / Spies


I actually had a hard time coming up with some of the TV shows that dealt with spies and secret agents for this list.  Over the years, I have watched a lot of crime shows, which included "CSI" and "NCIS."  But, I never really considered any of the crime shows that I've seen to have spies and secret agents.  But then, when I looked over at the Internet Movie Database website and I checked out all the shows that have spies and secret agents, I found out that there were a lot of crime shows that I've seen over the years that actually dealt with spies and secret agents!  So, here are some TV shows that I've seen over the years that dealt with spies and secret agents!


1. NCIS




I had been watching this show since the very beginning and I just loved the hilarious banter that was going on between the characters, especially with Abby, Ziva and Tony!  I never thought about the secret agent aspect of this series until I realized that Gibbs, the main character, is a secret agent of sorts and so is Ziva!









I used to watch this show all the time when I was little and it was such a fantastic paranormal series!  I forgot that Scully and Mulder were agents.  So this is definitely a fantastic show that has secret agents snooping around in paranormal situations.




3. Archer




How in the world did I forget about this show?  "Archer" is probably one of the greatest spy shows that I have ever seen and I just loved the way that it deconstructed everything that we knew about the spy genre!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my God I LOVE Archer! I think I have 3 seasons to catch up on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm honestly still on the 1st season. So I really need to catch up on that show!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely need to see Archer! I haven’t seen the others either but I wanted to watch NCIS at some point when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife loves NCIS, my brother loves X-Files. I think they're both fine. I've only seen a few episodes of Archer. I've liked it but I probably need to see more. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We match on Archer! I love The X-Files, that's one of my favorites. I never got into NCIS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to watch Archer, my brother got me the first season of that series so I will be watching it. I love The X-Files and watched all the episodes even when it got convoluted. ..not sure i spelled that right. I never watched NCIS and I love Mark Harmon. It is a long running series to boot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I can't believe the X-Files got as convoluted as it did.

      Delete