Monday, March 2, 2020

Surreal Monthly - February 2020






Hello everyone!  Welcome to "Surreal Monthly" where I go over everything that has happened on the blog for each month!  So, here's what's been happening in February!



*Oh my goodness! I haven't done a "Surreal Monthly" for several months now! I think the last "Surreal Monthly" I did was way back in July 2019?  Well anyway, a lot of things had happened this month!  First off, I celebrated my birthday and I had a nice meal (which I had some food from this new restaurant called "Crab Hut" and it was AMAZING)! Then, I watched a TON of movies for February (some old and some new, which I'll go over with down below).  But all in all, February was a FANTASTIC month for me!*





Movies and TV Shows I Reviewed this month:















Activities on the Blog:




1. [Thursday Movie Picks]  Thursday Movie Picks #28: Meet Cute







TV and Movie News that Happened this Month:



  • Birds of Prey  was released in theaters!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog was released in theaters!
  • The Invisible Man was released in theaters!
  • Fantasy Island was released in theaters!
  • Sonic the Hedgehog has broken records, such as being the highest grossing video game movie on opening weekend!  I'm so happy about all this since I love Sonic the Hedgehog!
  • Unfortunately, Birds of Prey didn't do as well in its opening weekend.  Seriously, Warner Bros need to do better for their marketing.  The same thing happened with Shazam, when it premiered between Captain Marvel and Avengers: Endgame, for Pete's sake!
  • Candyman trailer has arrived!  I haven't seen the original "Candyman" movie yet, so I haven't checked out the trailer yet.
  • Now, this is not exactly movie or TV show related, but I have to talk about this and that's about the Coronavirus Outbreak.  I just can't stop thinking about how many innocent lives are being lost to this virus and I really hope that things will turn out better for everyone in the long run.



Updates on Reviews 2.0:




* I'm currently in the process of redoing my "Reviews 2.0" videos since I wanted to add in some clips from the movies and TV shows that I've watched and actually make the videos more interesting.  So, here are some of the updated reviews I did this month!*










Movies and TV Shows I've Watched this Month:



Image result for Kitbull pixar


* When I heard that this animated short was being nominated for an Oscar, I wanted to check it out and see what was so good about it.  So, I finally got the chance to watch this short and man, was this short cute yet heartbreaking at the same time!  I was practically emotional during the scenes where the dog was abused and I was hoping that the dog and the cat would get a happy ending!



Image result for Hair Love short film


* This was another animated short that was nominated for an Oscar and one that I was dying to see! So I finally saw this short and oh man, this short had me in tears, especially towards the ending!  You just got to see the ending of this short to see why this had me crying!



Image result for Sonic the hedgehog film


* Oh my goodness! This movie really surprised me!  I actually went into this movie with low expectations because of the HORRIBLE first trailer that featured the MONSTER SONIC design.  And even after they changed Sonic's design to something much cuter, I was still unsure of this film because the trailers mostly focused on the comedy aspects of the film and I thought that this film wasn't going to have any kind of depth to the story.  But when I actually saw the film, I was TOTALLY blown away by how much FUN I had with this film!  Sonic was brilliantly portrayed in this film as he was shown as being a hyperactive hedgehog who suffers from issues of being lonely and I loved that aspect of Sonic's character in this film!  I was also surprised by how much I really enjoyed Jim Carrey in the role of Dr. Robotnik as he really gave it his all in this role!  So overall, I really ENJOYED this movie, even if there were a couple of flaws in the film (some jokes didn't land for me and the plot felt rushed).  Let's hope that they make a sequel soon!


Image result for october faction netflix


* I thought that this show was...okay...I did like the supernatural elements of the show and the ending for the first season was pretty exciting.  But, I felt that this show has no idea what direction it wants to take the characters and most of the characters were pretty flat.  I hope that the next season is a bit better.

* I wanted to watch Birds of Prey and The Invisible Man, but I never had the time to watch either of those in the month of February.  Hopefully, I'll be able to watch those movies soon.






Around the Blogosphere for this month:







😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀



😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀




4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Hair Love! Kitbull was cute too but Hair Love was my favorite. Laughed and cried.

    My son was all gung ho about wanting to see Sonic then at the last minute said he didn't want to go, so I have yet to see it. I wish Birds of Prey was doing better because it deserves to.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I also think that Birds of Prey could have done better.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the link. I really need to see Hair Love. And The Invisible Man...what a movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! You definitely should check out Hair Love! It's awesome!

      Delete