Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Top 10 Weird Criterion Collection Movies to Check Out (Criterion Collection got Weird Movies)?

Hey everyone!  Welcome to the "Top Lists" where I do a top 10 lists on any topics that I come across!



This week's theme is: Top 10 Weird Criterion Collection Movies to Check Out!


So, I've been collecting lots of Criterion Collection movies for awhile now and I was quite intrigued with the fact that the Criterion Collection contains a lot of movies that are bizarre beyond all reason and I wanted to give a shout out to some of the weirdest films that are featured in the Criterion Collection!








1. The Fabulous Baron Munchausen (1962)


The outrageous Baron Munchausen tells of his many adventures, from meeting the Man in the Moon to defeating a Turkish army all by himself.

I'm actually more familiar with Terry Gilliam's take on the classic Baron Munchausen tale, but this version directed by Karel Zeman has me really interested since I have seen Karel Zeman's animated film of Sinbad and I really enjoyed that film!  I can't wait to check this version of Baron Munchasuen out!







Laura Palmer's harrowing final days are chronicled one year after the murder of Teresa Banks, a resident of Twin Peaks' neighboring town. 
I had watched Twin Peaks years ago, but I haven't finished watching this series yet.  So of course, I decided to buy this movie to finish up the Twin Peaks series. But Twin Peaks is well known for being one of the weirdest TV shows ever released (and one that was unfortunately cancelled at the time) and I was surprised that this Twin Peaks movie had shown up in the Criterion Collection!








A programmer at a TV station that specializes in adult entertainment searches for the producers of a dangerous and bizarre broadcast.

So, I've heard a lot about David Cronenberg's films and one of his films that I was the most interested in was Videodrome and this movie definitely looks like a really WEIRD movie!  Also, I just recently bought this movie from the Criterion Collection bi-annual sale, so I'm definitely looking forward to watching this movie soon!

4. Repo Man (1984)


A young punk recruited by a car repossession agency finds himself in pursuit of a Chevrolet Malibu that is wanted for a $20,000 bounty - and has something otherworldly stashed in its trunk.

So, I've heard a lot of weird things about this movie and this seems like a movie that would really be interesting to check out!

5. Lost Highway (1997)


Anonymous videotapes presage a musician's murder conviction, and a gangster's girlfriend leads a mechanic astray.

Yet another David Lynch movie that I'm interested in checking out!  I'm actually trying to collect all of the David Lynch movies in the Criterion Collection and I already have 3 of them in my collection. I'm going to try to get this one too!






After a car wreck on the winding Mulholland Drive renders a woman amnesiac, she and a perky Hollywood-hopeful search for clues and answers across Los Angeles in a twisting venture beyond dreams and reality.

Yet another David Lynch movie that I'm interested in checking out! This movie definitely looks very interesting and I can't wait to collect this movie soon!






A schoolgirl and six of her classmates travel to her aunt's country home, which turns out to be haunted.

This is regarded as one of the weirdest Japanese movies ever created and I really wanted to check out this movie sometime in the future!





A puppeteer discovers a portal that leads literally into the head of movie star John Malkovich.

This is another movie that is really weird and one that has a really interesting premise.  I can't wait to check this film out!






In the Falangist Spain of 1944, the bookish young stepdaughter of a sadistic army officer escapes into an eerie but captivating fantasy world.

Now that I saw Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio movie, I'm more interested than ever to check out more of his films and one of his films that I was the most interested in checking out is Pan's Labyrinth!  Luckily, I bought this movie, so I can't wait to watch it!





Henry Spencer tries to survive his industrial environment, his angry girlfriend, and the unbearable screams of his newly born mutant child.

This is the first David Lynch movie that I've bought and one that I'm definitely looking forward to watching soon, especially since this is considered his weirdest movie yet!






😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀




😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀





No comments:

Post a Comment